Jim Uhls is a screenwriter and producer. Jim’s sceenwriting credits include, "Fight Club”, the feature-film "Jumper", the NBC television film "Semper Fi", and the SyFy miniseries "Spin".
Jim's current online class on screenwriting is available at Creative Live
- 2:39 - How did Jim get his first (credited) writing gig as Fight Club?
- 4:19 - Chuck Palahniuk - is an American novelist and freelance journalist, who describes his work as transgressional fiction. He is the author of the award-winning novel Fight Club, which also was made into a popular film of the same name.
- 10:36 - The Meeting
- 14:03 - The Narrator
- 18:50 - Screenwriting Rules
- 31:14 - Jim's Screenwriting Advice
- 38:58 - The Scent of Blood
- 50:13 - Jim, if he'll ever direct
- 52:57 - David Fincher Directing Style - David Fincher is an American film director, film producer, television director, television producer, and music video director. He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Director for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) and The Social Network (2010). For the latter, he won the Golden Globe Award for Best Director and the BAFTA Award for Best Direction.
He is also known for having directed Alien 3 in his directorial debut, and most known for films in the thriller genre, including Seven (1995), The Game (1997), Fight Club (1999), Panic Room (2002), Zodiac (2007), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) and Gone Girl (2014). He was also instrumental in the creation of the Netflix series House of Cards (2013–2018) and Mindhunter (2017–present).
His films Zodiac and The Social Network are ranked in BBC's 100 Greatest Films of the 21st Century.
- 1:05:17 - My Fight Club house story